Things to pack for an India trip!
Traveling to a foreign destination for a motorcycle ride is an exciting opportunity and we want to you be completely prepared for a safe and comfortable trip. Moto Overlanders will provide a chase vehicle for all trips (wherever mentioned in the Includes section) that will carry your luggage. However, we recommend you carry a maximum of two soft luggage so pack wisely. Based on our extensive travel experience on the Indian Sub-continent, we have compiled some must carry items to pack for an India trip. Below are some tips for what to take on the bike with you and what to leave in your bag that will travel on the support truck.
Since the chase vehicle will carry your luggage, we do not provide motorcycles with panniers. However, if you do want them as an add-on, we can get you the ones you need. We recommend that you carry a small bag on the motorcycle that contains some water, snacks, route maps, a camera, and GPS equipment. These can be secured on the motorcycle with a bungee cord. What you pack differs from where you travel to. You will need different apparel for places like Ladakh, Spiti, Sikkim, Arunachal & other North-East states which are the colder regions. And probably lighter clothes for places like Rajasthan & South India.
**Please ensure that a copy of all your documents are stored on your phone or the cloud**
- Passport with visa
- Photocopies of passport and visa
- Driver’s license
- Photocopy of driver’s license
- Passport size photographs (7)
- Full face helmet with pin lock or fog-resistant shield (recommended)
- Multiple pairs of riding gloves
- Waterproof over gloves (recommended)
- Riding jacket with armor
- Riding pants with armor
- Rain suit
- High ankle waterproof riding boots which are comfortable to walk in
- Thick wool socks (Himalayan rides)
- Hydration pack (if you tend to dehydrate fast)
- Fleece or thermal jackets
- Comfortable clothes
- Winter clothes (for Himalayan rides)
- Caps or hats
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Enough clothes, socks, and underwear for the length of your trip!
- Waterproof duffel bag
- Small daypack
- Camera, action camera, charger, batteries & memory cards
- Travel adapter
- Medicines and their prescriptions
- Face wipes
- Grooming products
- Suntan lotion
- Cash (can be withdrawn from most ATM’s here)
- Credit cards
- Printout with a list of emergency contacts
- Extra pair of spectacles or contacts (if you wear them)
If you have any questions about what you need to pack, you can contact us here.